Any visuals your podcast could ever need
Get professional-level graphic design for your podcast – design skills optional. VistaCreate is one platform to design it all including your podcast cover, episode announcements for social media, pitch decks for potential advertisers, and more.
We humans tend to judge things at face value. Make sure the cover of your podcast project makes an incredible impression.
The Dos and Don’ts of a perfect podcast cover:
- Do use the highest quality images — max out the size at 3000x3000 pixels
- Do include the name of your podcast
- Do use catchy imagery (photo or illustration)
- Don’t include your name (unless your name is your brand, right Oprah?)
- Don’t waste precious space on the word “podcast” (it’s obvious enough)
- Don’t use small elements; they make the cover look cluttered
’’😉 DO study the other podcast cover art within your category and try to look different, stand out. Make sure fonts are easy to read’’
’’The biggest 😠"don’t" I see is tiny fonts! Also, don’t crowd the space with unnecessary stuff - make it simple, clean, and clear’’
Posts and stories for social media
Spread the word about your podcast! Here’s the anatomy of the perfect podcast announcement on social media.
- Indicate the name of your podcast
- Let people know the topic of your new episode
- Include the icons of all the platforms it’s available on
- Let people know it’s a podcast (unlike on podcasting platforms, it makes sense here)
- Include the names of guest speakers (if any)
- Use animated elements to grab attention
’’💪 Having that cohesive look across your platforms and visuals helps people immediately start to associate your icon, podcast, and assets with you. - John Lee Dumas, founder and host of Entrepreneurs on Fire’’
YouTube thumbnails for video podcasts
Planning to extend your podcasting on YouTube? Video podcasts are growing in popularity. Just like in classic podcasting, covers matter. Make one that stands out.
5 reasons to make a video version of your podcast:
- YouTube algorithms work differently, which might help you build your audience
- The production of video podcasts isn’t much harder than classic audio version
- It’s a lot easier to create emotional connection through video
- You can diversify the monetization of your podcast
- The audience on YouTube is much bigger than on podcast platforms
’’😎 Repurposing your podcast content in social media and other channels allows you to reach your audience where they are, and to leverage your content without spending a ton of time having to create more.’’
Presentations for potential sponsors and advertisers
If you do things well, one day your podcast will be famous and so will you. At this point, you’ll have advertisers knocking at your door. Make sure you’re prepared.
’’😉 If you’re serious about attracting higher CPM paying sponsors then use a deck to sell who listens and how engaged they are’’
’’Sponsors will want to know how many people they’ll be getting their message in front of (number of listeners, or at the very least info on how niche or engaged your audience is). And they’ll probably want to see some type of proof’’
Here’s how to create the perfect presentation:
- Give a brief overview of your podcast: the topic, the industry, the mission
- Describe your audience (their age, gender, geo, interests, and occupations)
- Share insights from your analytics (how many listeners you have)
- Indicate the types of advertising you’re open to (pre- and post-rolls, dedicated episodes, links in description, adding a sponsor logo to your cover, etc.)
- Include examples of previous integrations (if any) and share successful results