Fun and Games: Top Graphic Design Fails
Yes, facepalming will be an integral part of this article about graphic design fails. Put your coffee aside, because the giggles you’re about to experience are as real as the astonishing reality of some of these designs.
Keep in mind that having a designer on your team is very valuable. Some of these designs remind us that it’s equally important to at least follow some basic design tips, maybe have a proofreader look over your work, oh and never disregard your audience.
The collection of design fails, or just terrible design, includes product design, packaging, awful copy, store signs and pamphlets made with no after thought, and just brilliant t-shirt designs that people probably wear with pride.
Without further ado, we’d like to introduce you to some of the biggest design fails so that you’ll know what to do, what you definitely shouldn’t do and just how important designs are of simply everyday life and common objects.
1. Nice pattern, but I’d rather take the elevator
2. I live for sa sa le les
3. That’s really motivating, thanks
4. Sooo you’d like me to be a customer or not?
5. Um, can I have a word with the editor of ‘Where’ magazine?
6. We’ll heal all our burgers.
7. Can’t say it’s an honest mistake.
8. For those looking for app rentals and ice ships
9. Has this designer seen a compass before?
10. Ignorance is bliss
11. Certainly something to be sad about…
12. Resume highlight: I use Microsoft Word
13. Thanks for the tip
14. Looks like someone forgot Europe
15. And China is now a continent
16. Did you do your math right?
17. RIP America
18. Very unfortunate branding
19. Would your cat like some kittens for lunch?
20. Joey doesn’t share food!
21. That’s not how the selfie stick works…
23. Someone didn’t think this through
24. Excuse me, waiter? What would you recommend from the list?
25. If you squint, you barely notice the mistake
26. How do you read this?
27. A great example of how color choices matter
28. I just lost my appetite…
29. The legend is spot on
30. Nice try though!
31. Objective: confuse consumers to buy stuff anyway
32. A designer’s kerning nightmare
33. Not sure if awful font, or awful quote
34. Must right left
35. The importance of visual hierarchy
36. When you put in 0 effort
37. Someone thought the watermark was pretty
38. That’s disgusting.
40. That’s not how venn diagrams work, but okay
41. I want some pdelicious pineapple cake
42. What sorcery is this?
43. Excellent placement
44. They might be perfect, but they also look like they hung themselves
45. Hmm…happy time ion hot hair dry care?
46. What a rebel
47. I will avoid it at all costs, thanks
48. Editors are so important
49. Very innovative DVD
50. A failed hashtag
51. The road to nowhere
52. Pretty sure the donations were generous
53. Looks more like soda. Danger.
54. Careful now
55. Unfortunate cover
56. Say it louder for the people in the back
57. Accurate photograph
58. The invisible golf ball
59. Fonts, you gotta think it through
60. On point Arieh
To stay on top of the recent design trends, dive deep into our blog post to avoid such mistakes.